Review of the Mountain Hardware Shaka
The Mountain Hardware Shaka is a compact backpacking pack for the efficient packer. A streamlined and lightweight backpacking pack for efficient packers trying to minimize weight. Excellent suspension can accommodate heavier loads with low profile, lightweight, shoulder straps and hipbelt.
- Deluxe comfort fit, lightweight material set and construction plus trouble-free gear access in a weekend plus volume pack
- Easy side and lower access to gear through large J-shaped water resistant zipper
- Customizable suspension with 3 in / 8.5 cm torso adjustment (hook and loop) plus swappable shoulder straps and FitLock hipbelt
- Great load transfer through an aluminum perimeter stay that locks into hipbelt while allowing slight pivoting. Upper horizontal stay creates a stable structure for heavy loads
- Superbly functional HardWave+ framesheet is rigid horizontally to prevent round out, but is flexible in strategic vertical sections
Approximately $260 USD on Amazon.com